My rating: 5 of 5 stars
If ever a book deserved more stars – and a TV adaptation – it’s this one.
It would make an utterly brilliant Netflix show as it has all the elements you need for success:
1) An opposites attract plot featuring a grumpy one and a sunshine one.
2) The UST of a pining ‘will they, won’t they’ office working relationship that’s really so much more.
3) Tensions galore with a secondary plot involving the adaptation of a British TV show onto one for the American market.
4) Fanfic 😉 the adoration lovers of a book or TV series or film can have for the characters. You only need to look at Hugo awarded A03 to see the power of transformative work.
5) Two heroes who truly see each other, flaws and all, even if one of them (yes Lewis, I’m looking at you here #sideeye ) needs it practically stamping on his forehead.
Bonus 6) Fantastic setting, great secondary characters, and a beautiful nod to the duplicitous way certain elements of the creative media industry have for queer baiting or burying the gays.
It’s also subversively funny, tender and witty, with an elegance of narrative that just flows beautifully from start to finish.
I cannot praise this book highly enough. I adore the work of both authors when they write separately, but together they’re producing something magical.
I cannot wait to see what comes in books two and three (Owen please?!)
#ARC kindly received from the authors in return for an honest and unbiased review.